Job Category: Cash Operations
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market related
Location: Marble Hall
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa – Cash Solutions
Package Description: Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Cash Centre Teller
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Cash Centre Teller based at our operations in Marble Hall.
Reporting to the Cash Centre Supervisor , this role is responsible for effectively counting, balancing and reconciling the customers’ money in line with the cash processing procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Balancing of cash received
- Verify customer cash deposits
- Prepare client registers and ensure that it is accurately completed
- Balance and Reconcile cash on compass or ISA or relevant counting system and print report for submission to treasury
- Verify customers details on compass to ensure that the account number and is correct customer reference is correct
Ensure that Cash Processing procedures are adhered to
- Sign for work received
- Check that the information on the bags are correct and compare it to the register that you have signed for
- Write bag number, customer information, time you open the bag and the codes that refer to the customers on white board and show it to the camera
- Empty the bag inside out and show it to the camera
- Count the money as per the procedure and ensure that it balances different clients have different processes
- Stamp the deposit slip place it back into the bag and sent it to the client
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 with mathematics and accounting
- 2 years experience as a bulk teller
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Cash processing and procedures
- G4S policies and procedures
- Verifying counterfeit notes
- Bulk cash balancing
- Customer thinking
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.