The purpose of the job is:
To advise and assist academics in the Colleges (and colleagues who need training, support and guidance) with:
- The accreditation of academic qualifications and programmes.
- The design and development of curricula that are in line with Programme and Qualification Mix
(PQM) of Colleges.
- The design and development of study material that responds to all the relevant policies related to
teaching / tuition of Unisa.
- Tuition support ensuring that academics integrate blended, active and e-leaning approaches, and
alternate / innovative assessment strategies.
- Project management support for implementing the Framework for the implementation of a Team
Approach to curriculum and learning development in order to enhance teaching and learning of students to improve the achievements and throughput in the Colleges.
- Honours degree or BTech or Postgraduate Diploma or Advanced Diploma, preferably in Education, Curriculum Planning, Educational Technology or Instructional design.
- 6 years’ experience in Higher Education of which 3 years’ experience must be in aspects related to instructional design.
- Open Distance Learning (ODL)-theories and research.
- ODL delivery system design.
- South African Higher Education and Training legislation and policies.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Global trends in adult learning principles and methodologies.
- Curriculum development.
- Materials design and development.
- Instructional design/learning development/development of learning experiences and environment.
- New/innovative educational and communication technologies.
- CHE/HEQC quality management system.
- Application of technology to teaching and learning.
- Various delivery methods and blended learning solutions.
- Quality assurance in Higher Education.
- Education practices and curriculum and learning theories.
- Subject related policies, practices and trends.
- Must be analytical, innovative, flexible and with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)