Closing date: 16 September 2018
Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations, Rotating Equipment
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Job Designation: General Worker
Role category: Operations
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To maintain housekeeping of the workshop/ plant and to support the Artisan during maintenance work.
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
- Transport spares and equipment to work areas
- Pack spares in designated areas
- Receive spares and verify the quantity
- Perform routine inspection on safety equipment and ensure maintenance where applicable
- Conduct BBS observations
- Cleaning of machines, air conditioner units, floors and PPE according to direct instruction
- Packing materials in storage areas according to direct instruction
- Perform painting tasks under direct supervision
- Ad hoc job related tasks on request of more senior personnel
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12 with English
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Experience of working with basic hand and power tools will be an advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Functional / Technical
- Understanding of Plant Value chain interactions •Ensure governance and legal compliance •Communication skills •Willing to work shifts as / when required.
- Willing to work overtime as / when required
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.