Contract Type: Temporary Casual
Salary: Market Related
G4S Region: Africa
G4S Business Unit:South Africa – Cash Solutions
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Reconciliations Administrator based at our operations in Centurion.
Reporting to the head of reconciliations, the Recons Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timeous administration/completion of the reconciliation process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
To administer company policies and procedures, and ensure service excellence through effective maintenance of the system and continuous improvement.
Administration of the implementation of cash processing systems, processes and procedures
- Monitoring the system and identify problems or non adherence to procedures – recommend corrective action on below standard areas.
- Advising of any further process / procedures for implementation to enhance the process / procedure.
- Assisting branches with cash processing recons and resolving queries
- Administration on banking systems – new users, user changes etc
Monitor national cash processing administration
- Ensure that staff adhere to policies and procedures and report on non adherence.
- Assist with daily operational / finance admin issues / queries pertaining to cash processing and related activities
- Monitor the daily bank recons
- Visits to branches as required
Review financial performance
- Review and check validity on month end recons, report non adherence / issues
- Assist and guide branches
- Review age analysis and follow up on anomalies
- Manage the bank recons and ensure submission
- Managing the daily settlements – planning / forecasting (banking / withdrawals) and system user set-up
- Provide training for new staff / up-skill existing staff
- Encouraging sharing of ideas to improve where possible (standardization)
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a preferred diploma in Finance or Office Management administration
- 1– 2 years relevant administration experience.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- MS Office Computer skills
- Acting professionally
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and cooperating
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure